The Hot Springs Railroad or Diamond Jo line was built from Malvern to Hot Springs and completed in January 1876 to tap the town's tourist trade. After the St. Louis Iron Mountain and Southern bought control of their own line into Hot Springs, the Diamond Jo line lost its favorable connection at Malvern. The line was sold to the Choctow, Oklahoma and Gulf in May 1902 which later was bought by the Rock Island. Most of the line remains and is now operated by the Arkansas Midland Railroad.
The roundhouse was no longer used by the turn of the century and has been used for other purposes since then. It is the only intact roundhouse in Arkansas and is on the National Historic Register.