Facebook Page
Bulyea Junction

Bulyea Junction
Home History Photos Vanishing Landmark


Welcome to the Bulyea Junction web site!


The website purpose is to document the history of the historical town of Bulyea.  For it was here in 1925, Saskatchewan Wheat Pool Elevator #1 opened, providing a way for farmers to sell their wheat.


The Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) owned vast land resources in Saskatchewan, Canada, indeed throughout Canada. In the early 1900's, many of the areas along the CPR main line were well settled. Encouraged by advertisements and the promise of land, settlers moved to Saskatchewan.  By 1903, settlers turned their attention to the area around Last Mountain Valley, lying north of Last Mountain and eastward from Long Lake (Last Mountain Lake). With this growing interest, the CPR extended the Kirkella branch from Bulyea to Lanigan opening up more of the province to the settlers.



Bulyea is located in the CPR's Prairie Region, Saskatoon Division.  The Lanigan Sub-Division runs from Regina to Lanigan, with Bulyea located at milepost 104.4 miles and the Bulyea Sub-Division runs from Neudorf to Bulyea total 86.4 miles part of CPR Kirkella branch line.  As such, Bulyea Junction joins the Lanigan Sub-Division at the Bulyea Sub-Division.