August 2007 Meeting Details
August 11, 2007
CAPT will meet in Asheville, NC, on Saturday, August 11th. The meeting will
be held at the Biltmore Depot Restaurant from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Those wishing
to join us for lunch should arrive beginning at 11:45 a.m. The converted
former Southern Railway depot is located at
30 Lodge Street just off US 25
in Biltmore Village. The phone number for the restaurant is 828 277-7651.
Information on the historic depot can be found at
Biltmore Depot Restaurant
Southern Railway Passenger Depot (Biltmore Depot).
The meeting's focus will center on the most recent developments in the drive
to restore rail passenger service between Salisbury and Asheville. The full
agenda is listed below.
After the meeting there will be time to look at the proposed site for a new
rail passenger station in Asheville. For those travelling to and from the
meeting by auto, you may want to consider stopping by recently restored
train stations in Morganton, Marion, and Old Fort. The stations would be
used for future Asheville-Salisbury service.
- Secretary's Report
- Treasurer's Report
- Update on restoration efforts for Asheville passenger service
- Update on planned resolution drive in South Carolina in support of
expanded passenger service
- Report on NARP Board of Directors meeting planned for October in Charlotte
- Creation of Nominating Committee for election of CAPT directors in October
- Update on printing of new CAPT brochure
- Updates on rail developments across the Carolinas
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings
Martin Wheeler, Jr.
Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains