February 2009 Meeting Details
CAPT Board Meeting
February 28, 2009
The CAPT board will meet at the
Burlington Amtrak station
near downtown Burlington.
The meeting will begin at 12 noon.
For those interested in eating together before the meeting groups arrving on the
Piedmont and the Carolinian will walk together to nearby restaurants downtown.
The Piedmont arrives at 8:08 a.m., and the Carolinian arrives at 9:43 a.m.
The meeting should be finished by 4:00 p.m.
The Carolinian will depart at 6:01 p.m., and the Piedmont will depart at 7:27 p.m.
Meeting agenda is as follows:
- Guest speaker on latest developments on a new rail plan for Triangle Transit
- Update on resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- Status of efforts to produce new CAPT brochure featuring maps of present and possible future
rail passenger service for the two Carolinas, and a brochure for South Carolina to aid in the resolution
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Update on rail developments across the Carolinas including start of 3rd Charlotte-Raleigh frequency
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings