April 2009 Meeting Details
CAPT Board Meeting
April 18, 2009
The CAPT board will meet at the
Wrenn House Restaurant
at 125 South Jackson Street in Salisbury. The restaurant is within
walking distance (about 4/10 of a mile) from
the Amtrak station. The phone number for the restaurant is 704 633-9978.
Lunch will be at 11:00 a.m. The meeting will follow at 12:00 noon.
The meeting should be finished by 4:00 p.m.
If you plan to come by train, the Carolinian arrives at 8:25 a.m.,
and the Piedmont arrives at 9:25 a.m.
Meeting agenda is as follows:
- Guest speaker William Deal of the Lexington Passenger Rail Advisory
Committee on planning for a station stop in Lexington for the Carolinan
- Update on resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded
rail passenger service
- Status of efforts to produce new CAPT brochure featuring maps
of present and possible future rail passenger service for the two
Carolinas, and a brochure for South Carolina to aid in the resolution
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Update on rail developments across the Carolinas including start
of 3rd Charlotte-Raleigh frequency
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings