December 2010 Meeting Details
CAPT Board Meeting
December 11, 2010
The Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will meet in Raleigh, N.C. on December 11, 2010.
Red Hot & Blue, 6615 Falls of the Neuse Road, in the Falls Village Shopping Center is the site
of the meeting. For those arriving by train, transport for up to five people will be provided by
CAPT Vice-President Art Peterson. Other area CAPT members are encouraged to help with transport
of any other passengers at the Amtrak station in Raleigh. The Carolinian is scheduled to arrive
at 10:48 a.m.
Plan to arrive for lunch beginning around 11:30 a.m. After lunch we will have a guest speaker.
Allan Paul, who directs the North Carolina Department of Transportation's Rail Operations and
Facilities branch will bring us up to date on the latest rail passenger developments in the state.
He recently received the Amtrak Presidents Service & Safety Award. Allan has been a catalyst for
rail service improvement and expansion in North Carolina, according to Amtrak. Allan served on
CAPT's Board of Directors during the 1980's and early 90's before his employment at NC DOT.
A business meeting will be held after the keynote address. The meeting should end around 3:30 p.m.
to allow time for those riding the Carolinian back home to get to the train station for the 4:42 p.m.
CAPT Board Meeting Agenda
- Keynote speaker Allan Paul
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service, and additional inserts for the resolution drive brochure
- Status of efforts to produce new CAPT brochure featuring maps of present and possible future rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- New IRS requirement that 501 (C3) organizations now file tax returns where
they did not before
- Amtrak update
- North Carolina transit update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings