Preston & Berlin Railway 205 was originally built by Preston Car & Coach Co. in 1912. Designed to operate on 600 volts DC, it was removed from service in 1921 when the Grand River Railway converted to 1500 volt operation. Three cars, by this time lettered GRR 81, 205 and 215, were taken into the railway shops at Preston in 1923 for rebuilding and conversion to 1500 volts DC. New end vestibules, similar to those on the LE&N 933 cars, were added which allowed movement between coupled cars. The rebuilt 205 emerged as Grand River Railway 826.