|CANADIAN PACIFIC ELECTRIC LINES LINE CAR M-6|
M-6 began life as a Pepsi-Cola delivery truck. Built in 1934, it was later acquired by the Lake Erie & Northern Railway and converted to line car L-10 in 1943, receiving a new body with a collapsible ladder mounted on the roof and flanged wheels. The car was powered by a Ford V-8 gasoline engine.
In the picture above, the crew is busy repairing overhead wire at Brantford. The chap at the top of the ladder is Harry Atherton. The identity of the others is unknown. In later years, M-6 was repainted with black and yellow stripes to increase its visibility. (Below left) Mr. Athertons' grandson kindly provided this scan of his grandfather's railway pass. (Below right) Harry checks out M-6 in June 1998 at the Halton County Radial Railway Museum in Milton, Ontario. The car was donated to the museum by the Canadian Pacific Electric Lines when it was retired.