|CORNWALL STREET RAILWAY, LIGHT & POWER CO.|
FREIGHT MOTORS 8 & 12
Built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in September 1924, serial 58023 was delivered new to the Aroostook Valley Railroad as their number 54. In 1946 it was sold to the Cornwall Street Railway Light & Power Co. were it became the third freight locomotive to carry the number 8. The other motor is second 12, built in May 1917 by Baldwin-Westinghouse with serial 45657, it was originally Ogden, Logan & Idaho Railroad 904, then Utah-Idaho Central Railroad 904 in April 1948 before it was purchased by Cornwall.
Although they may at first appear to be operating multiple-unit, Cornwall's motors were not MU equipped. It is also interesting to note that Cornwall adopted the livery of the Grand River/Lake Erie & Northern Railways after acquiring three motors from the CPEL in 1962.