(at the Preston Shops in April of 1954)
In 1921, ten new all-steel cars were delivered by Preston Car & Coach as part of a modernization program. Consisting of one baggage/express car and nine passenger cars, they were assigned to and numbered GRR 622, 842, 844, 846, 848, 862, 864, 866, LE&N 973 and 975 respectively. Car 622 had an arch roof while the passenger cars had the standard clerestory roofs.
With abandonment of passenger service on April 23, 1955, 622 was placed in storage along with the other steel cars. It and 626 were held pending sale or conversion to maintenance-of-way cars. Neither materialized and as a result, car 622 was burned out at the Preston Shops on May 22, 1957, then cut up for scrap.