As an express car, April 1955, Preston Shops
Originally planned as a steam road, the LE&N was purchased by the CPR before completion and electrified. Four passenger, 225, 235, 245 & 255, two trailers, 265 & 275, and two express/passenger cars, 209 & 219 were obtained from Preston Car & Coach in 1915.
In 1921, a new numbering system was adopted, the LE&N using odd number digits, the GRR, even digits. The LE&N cars became 933, 935, 937, 939, 953, 955, 733 & 735 respectively. 733 & 735 were again renumbered as 797 & 795 respectively. About this time, trailer cars 953 & 955 were motorized.
795 was converted to an express car with the removal of passenger compartment seats and wood strips being placed across the inside of the windows. No external changes were made. This beautiful car was scrapped at Preston in February 1956.