|NIAGARA, ST. CATHARINES & TORONTO 83|
Delivered on August 18, 1924, Toronto Suburban Railway 107 was built for the T.S.R. by the N.S.&T. shops at St. Catharines. It was one of the cars operated on the last day of T.S.R. service, August 15, 1931. The N.S.&T. acquired 107 in 1935 and renumbered it 83. Shortly after N.S.&T. discontinued passenger service in 1959, 83 was moved to the C.N.R. Reclamation Yard at London for scrapping.
N.S.&T. 83 sits at the Port Colborne Station while the crew waits for passengers to load. From the look of 83, it appears to be fresh out of the paint shop. The date of this photograph is unknown.
|NS&T 83 MEETS FREIGHT WITH MOTOR 16|
Thorold is the location for this beautiful winter scene as freight motor 16 and crew sit in the siding for passenger car 83 to pass enroute to Port Colborne.
Motor 16 was built by the National Steel Car Corp. of Hamilton, Ontario in 1918 for the Ontario Hydro Electric Power Commission. It weighed 50 tons. The NS&T acquired this motor from the H.E.P.C. in 1926 following completion of the Queenston Power Canal construction. Rebuilt with a new cab in 1930, it was transferred to the Oshawa Railway in 1960 after the NS&T discontinued the use of electric power. In 1965 it was sold to Noranda Mines Ltd., when the Oshawa Railway was dieselized by the Canadian National Railways.