|ST. GEORGE'S SQUARE|
|St. George's Square was a meeting place for the streetcars in the heart of downtown Guelph. This area continues today to be the focal point of the public transit system in the City of Guelph, although the island in the centre of the square has disappeared.
In this familiar postcard view taken of the square about 1915, we see two of the Preston built 'Prairie' type cars and an open car. The open cars by this time were used only for special trips to Riverside Park. The car in the foreground is #60 while the car behind the open car is #70. The number of the open car is unknown.