Car 327 is a replica of the original 327 and was built in 1933 to mark the centennial of the City of Toronto the following year. The original 327, built in 1893, ran until 1915 when side running boards were banned on streetcars in Ontario. The car was then stored at the King Street carhouse and scrapped after the 1917 carhouse fire. The new 327 was built following closely, the original plans, and using original mechanical and electrical parts. A picture of the original 327 can be found on page 52 of the book, 'Street Railways of Toronto 1861-1921' by Louis H. Pursley [Interurbans Special 25].
The Belt Line was inaugurated in 1891 by the Toronto Railway Company and continued until until 1923. By then, operating under the Toronto Transportation Commission, the Belt Line was split in two creating the Sherbourne and Spadina routes.
327 was part of the TTC historical collection until disbandment. In 1968, it was donated to the Halton County Radial Railway Museum at Milton, Ontario. Here it gained the distinction of being the first electric car to run under its own power at the museum on May 24, 1971.
July 20, 1997 finds 327 about to depart the west end station for another trip.