Map credit is: Tintic Mining District, USGS, 1911.
Eureka Hill RR is highlighted in red. From the first "mule shoe" out of Silver City to the summit the grade was a constant 5%, the curves were as sharp as 40 deg. The only mine served by the EH not owned by Jesse Knight was the Sioux Con.
Last Update 04/28/03
This page and its underlying code, © 2002-2003, EurekaHill. All rights reserved.