Central Diesel Locomotive Roster
Showing remaining units in original IC black paint scheme
This Page Updated as of
May 31, 2011
- Units known to be recently stored serviceable are in grey text. (Removed from list when retired, stored heavy-bad-order, or sold.)
- Hover mouse pointer over notes to see additional
|1000-1005, 1007, 1009-1011, 1015-1038
|1497, 1505, 1506
|3101-3103, 3106-3108, 3117, 3129, 3138
|6201-6204, 6250-6252, 6259
|Remaining IC Locomotives
- IC 100, 101 are former BN 9901, 9904 respectively.
- IC 1000-1003, 1018 were painted at EMD, 1004-1017, 1019 were painted at
VMV at Paducah. All have conventional cabs. These are the first brand-new locomotives
ordered since 1975. Second order (1020-1039) delivered 1Q99 was built at Super Steel in
Schenectady, NY and painted at GE/Alstom (old E-L shops).
- SW13, SW14, SD20, GP10, GP11, GP40R, and SD40-2R are IC's model
designations for rebuilt locomotives from Paducah Shops.
- IC 3140 is ex-CNW GP50 5051, acquired from National Railway Equipment.
Externally it looks like a GP50, but has been derated to 3000hp and GP40-3 designation.
- Ex-IC (pre-merger) SD40.
- Ex-IC (pre-merger) SD40A. IC was the only road to order these
extended-frame locos. They have SDP45 frames and 5000 gallon fuel tanks.
- IC 6034 was rebuilt from GM&O 920 after wreck. It has Dash-2
electrical standards, original SD40 frame. It also has a Paducah-Geep style low nose.
- IC 6050-6070 are ex-GM&O 901-921.
- IC 6071 is ex-GM&O 950, nee-EMD 434, which is the prototype SD40
(originally designated SD35X) and is built on an SD35 frame.
- 6072 is former CNW 6844, acquired from National Railway Equipment.
- 6100-6160 are ex-BN 6708-6772 (excludes 6714, 6760, 6765 and 6767).
6100-6143 had their dynamic brakes removed, 6144-6160 retained their dynamic brakes, but
- 6200's are former SD40-2 units rebuilt with next-generation
- SD40-2R models were former SD40 and SD40A models rewired to Dash-2
electrical standards by VMV at Paducah during 1995. All remaining dynamic brakes (on
ex-GM&O units) were removed.
- All 17 SD20s are currently off the property on a ten-year lease to
National Railway Equipment Co. (NREX).
- IC 9560-9574 are ex-GM&O 740-754, which are the last locomotives
ordered by the GM&O.
- IC 9600-9639 are the first brand-new locomotives ordered by ICG in
1974. These once carried names of historical figures connected with the railroad.
- IC 6030-6033 are the last brand-new locomotives ordered by the ICG in
1975. These once carried names of historical figures connected with the railroad.
Back to Top