Here are some photographs from the following journeys:
1. Bombay V.T. to Mughal Sarai by Bombay
- Howrah Mail via Allahabad [Winter '86]
2. New Delhi to Bombay Central by Rajdhani Exp. [Winter '86]
3. Madras Central to Mughal Sarai by Madras - Patna Exp. [Winter '89]
4. Varanasi to Howrah by Himigiri Exp. [Winter '89]
5. Varanasi to Dadar by Mahanagri Exp. [Winter '89]
[from #1] Approaching Harda (note the scarlet red RMS coach
and the blue WDM2)
[from #1] Standing next to the Qutub Narmada Exp. at Jabalpur Jn.
[from #1] Another shot
of the Qutub Narmada Exp. as our train leaves
Jabalpur and heads towards Katni
[from #2] The Rajdhani Exp. greets the suburbs of Bombay
[from #2] Another shot of the Rajdhani Exp.
[from #3] The paper factory near Sirpur Kaghaz Nagar
[from #3] Negotiating
the Wardha bypass as our train approaches
Wardha East (now Sewagram)
[from #3] The double-headed
Tamilnadu Exp. crosses our train
somewhere between Nagpur and Pandhurna
[from #4] Meeting a WAM1-headed passenger train at Sitarampur Jn.
[from #4] A WAG5 flanked by two steam locos. at Asansol yard
[from #4] Overtaking
a WAG4-headed freight train in the quadruple
track section between Asansol and Barddhaman
[from #4] Passing a WAM1-headed freight train
[from #4] The New
Delhi - Howrah Rajdhani Exp. overtakes our train
somewhere between Barddhaman and Howrah
[from #5] A WAM2 heads the Chambal Exp. at Allahabad Jn.
Next : Other Photographs