NORM Events & Schedules
This is a listing of Museum Member events for the year 2017 (see the Museum's newsletter, The Northern Light, for more details).
Museum Schedule of Events
Public Walking Tours. Museum grounds are open to the public on Saturdays, from the first Saturday in May through the last Saturday of October from 10 AM to 4 PM. Tours will be conducted every hour on the half hour starting at 10:30 AM and running through 3:30 PM. Member volunteers are needed to help guide visitors through the Musuem.
Scheduled Work Sessions. Every Saturday from 10 AM to 5 PM. For other days, contact Ralph Pfingsten or Walt Stoner at 330-769-5501. Volunteers of all ages, genders, and skills are needed.
Media Nightsare on the first WEDNESDAY of March, May, August, October, and December. Media Nights are held at the Hinckley Township Hall at 1410 Ridge Road in Hinckley, Ohio. The Hall is located in the southwest corner of the intersection of State Routes 3 and 303. Please enter from the rear of the building. Doors open by 7:00 PM. Media Nights are open to the public.
Directors Business Meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of odd numbered months at the Seville United Methodist Church. Meetings start at 7:30 pm. Summer (May, July, and September) meetings are held at the Museum. Meetings are open to all members.
- November 22nd, 2016 - Directors Business Meeting at the Seville United Methodist Church.
- December 7th, 2016 - Wednesday. Media Night. Program: Dale Rothenberger presents a program on the West Virginia Cass Scenic Railroad, transit in Washington, D.C. (including the new streetcar) and Baltimore, Maryland.
- January 24th, 2017 - Directors Business Meeting at the Seville United Methodist Church.
- March 1st - Wednesday. Media Night. Program: Marty Surdyk, noted railroad photographer of the Akron Railroad Club will present a two part evening: (1) "Memories" a program of his own photos that bring back pleasant emotional memories and (2) a collection of his father Jim's 2 1/4" traction slides from the 50s during his days as a NKP engineer.
- March 18th and 19th - Saturday and Sunday, N.O.R.M. Historical Displays and Museum Store at the Railfest Div 5 NMRA Train Show, Lakeland Community College, I-90 and S.R. 306, Exit 193, Kirtland, Ohio. 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM both days.
- March 28th - Directors Business Meeting at the Seville United Methodist Church.
- April 2nd - Sunday. N.O.R.M. Historical Displays and Bookstore at the Medina Model Railroad & Train Show, Medina County Fair Grounds, Medina, Ohio, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- April 22nd - Saturday. Orientation session for the Museum Walking Tour Guides and Museum Store Personnel, 10 AM.
- May 3rd - Wednesday. Media Night. Program: Blaine Hays presents a program on the Shaker Rapid and Cleveland Transit systems.
- May 6th - October 28th - Saturdays. Walking tours begin at N.O.R.M., each Saturday, 10 AM to 4 PM.
- May 23rd - Directors Business Meeting at the Museum.
- July 25th - Directors Business Meeting at the Museum.
- July 29th - Saturday, N.O.R.M. members' outing to the Northeast Ohio Live Steamers, 3654 Lester Road, Medina. Rides from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- August 2nd - Wednesday. Media Night. Program: TBA.
- August 13th - Sunday, N.O.R.M. Members' Picnic at the Museum, 1:00 PM. Hot dogs and hamburgers will be provided, please bring a salad or dessert to pass.
- September 26th - Directors Business Meeting at the Museum.
- October 4th, - Wednesday. Media Night. Program: Blaine Hays presents a program on traction in Philadelphia.
- October 7th and 8th - Saurday and Sunday. N.O.R.M. Historical Displays and Museum Store at the Great Berea Train Show, Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds in Berea. Saturday 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Sunday: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- November 28th - Directors Business Meeting at the Seville United Methodist Church.
- December 6th, - Wednesday. Media Night. Program: Dale Rothenberger presents a program on Transit Developments in Houston and Dallas, Texas.
* * *