Car 251 is a combination passenger/baggage car. These cars were used to transport baggage and freight on passenger trains. Less than carload freight could be placed on these cars after the end of MD service. This car was built as a standard car in 1917. In 1953 following a grade crossing accident it was rebuilt, modernized and placed in the silverliner color scheme. The modernization included new lower ceilings, new fish-eye lights, new seats, and other improvements. This car is operational, but only runs on special occasions such as members weekend or the trolley pageant.
Return to previous page