Car 253 is a combination passenger/baggage car. These cars were used to transport baggage and freight on passenger trains. Less than carload freight could be placed on these cars after the end of MD service. This car was built as a standard car in 1917, and was never modernized before the end of service. It remains with the varnished wood walls and green plush seats.
Return to previous page