Click a photo to see a larger view. Please send your comments and corrections to Steve.
At Aberdeen, Maryland stands the last original B&O station on the Philadelphia Branch. Designed by Frank Furness, the 1885 structure saw passegners until 1958 at which time the B&O converted it to equipment storage, a role it would serve for succesor CSX into the 1990s. Local groups then began efforts to preserve the historic station and perform repairs.
During 2014 the station was moved onto a new foundation about 50 feet further from the still-active tracks. It would seem volunteer help is needed more than monetary donations because as of this writing there is no information online about how to contribute. Some information is available at Aberdeen Room Archives and Museum.
All photos below were snapped during autumn 2009 and come courtesy Dave Hiteshew.
Eastbound Train Passes Station and Crosses Bel Air Road
More Philadelphia Branch pics are coming in a future update.
<< Previous (west) | THIS PAGE: Aberdeen Station | Next (east, future update) >>
For more tours here now, select from the map:
Or, return to main page