Later Years in the Junction
TTC 4741 Dundas car route destined to the ferry docks. Dundas Street
West and Keele Street. 1965
Opposite corner. Two Dundas cars passing each other the one on the
left destined Runnymede loop.
Dundas at Quebec Street. Dundas car is eastbound to ferry Docks. North
side businesses include G.Indovina grocery,
Dundas at Runnymede Road northeast corner Runnymede Pharmacy, Chuck's
Motor Sales, beauty salon.
TTC 4714 (acq.1952 ex Birmingham Electric Co. 815 Pullman 1946. One of 48 identical cars acquired from Birmingham Transit in Alabama as they went to buses like many other US systems. This allowed the TTC to acquire a large number of relatively new PCC's from various cities.) Signed for Dundas route destined to Runnymede shown here in 1962 westbound at Keele Street in front of Pennington's Large Size Shops, a chain of ladies clothing stores. Upstairs is a pool hall, note the billiards sign. Sandlers Appliances and furniture store behind the car. John Thompson Collection/WTJHS Archives
TTC 4363 Class A6 PCC (CC&F 1948) on Dundas route destined for Broadview (subway) Station. The end is near (May 10-11/68) for streetcar service in the Junction following opening of the Bloor subway line extension. Overhead wires are already in place for the Trolley Coaches that will replace the streetcars. Note: Corner Bargain Store sits where once was a United Cigar chain store. In recent years an independent submarine sandwich shop uses this location in the historic Campbell Block building dating from 1888. April 1968 John Thompson/West Toronto Junction Historical Society archives.
Back (Use your browser Back button)
Old Time Trains © 2009 2014