Small structure with pointed roof at far right is the
Toronto Suburban Ry. streetcar waiting room and refreshment
concession at the Lambton route loop. Cars ran along Dundas Street to
Keele Street in the Junction.
CPR mainline is behind that hidden in bushes. Likewise hidden is the
Lambton House. July 31, 1913 Salmon Collection
flour mill and Dundas highway bridge.1905
Note: In 1885 the grist mill was turning out 150 barrels of flour
per day. Ownership changed in 1914 and the mill was converted into a
dining room and concert hall known as The
Lambton Mills Inn. It burned down along with the
post office and store, the radial railway terminal and four cottages;
damages totalling $100,000, a good sum in 1915.