Dominion Construction Corporation
Harry F. McLean, prop.
Incorporated April 1912 in Ontario to carry out general construction
Work was done on a number of railway lines throughout Ontario.
was incorporated January 1921 to own a quarry for ballast
at Deeks where equipment was also stored and repaired.
Note: The Deeks operation was located at mile 109.5 of the CPR
between Merrickville and Bedell east of Smiths Falls.
DCC 2187 Built by Davenport #2187 4/1931 Library and Archives Canada.
Became 8/1938 Gulf Pulp & Paper 38.
Note: Sister engine 2185 became GP&P 48 and is displayed
at Clarke City.
Gulf Pulp and Paper
DCC 3298 70-ton Three Truck Shay acq. 6/1932 (ex Alcan 12/1930) Lima
Library and Archives Canada. PA 208170
Sold 5/1946 to Standard Chemical, South River, Ont.
Became Abitibi Power & Paper
70. Preserved at Iroquois Falls, ON
DCC 656 air dump newly repainted. Deek. Library and Archives Canada