Toronto Railway Company
Private company part of the Mackenzie and Mann Canadian Northern empire incorporated to acquire and extend city owned street car lines for a 30 year period from September 1,1891 to August 31,1921 following which the city took back the lines merging them with the city's Toronto Civic Railways creating the Toronto Transportation Commission.
At the time of the TRC takeover September 1, 1891 there were 18 routes, 68 miles and 252 wooden horse-drawn cars.
Ceramic wall plaque. Original size 6" x 4 1/4" Made
by Headford Ceramics.
TRC 445 to Riverdale Park. Sign on side: Winchester-Yonge-Union_Station.
Canadian Machinery and Metalworking January 1910
The latest thing in late 19th Century travel!
No. 364 one of 75 cars 18 feet long built by the company,
this one in early 1894.
Carlton car shown on old hand-coloured post card with "Greatings
from Toronto" message.
TTC 4124 in a recent scene. Note the two small "one person" structures! February 2018.
Expanded over the years it still stands proudly. February 2018 Eric Kwan
Back (Use your browser Back button)
Old Time Trains © 2013 2014 2015 2018