Formerly, W. G. Thompson & Sons Ltd.
Blenheim, Rodney and Kent Bridge.
Thompsons # nil in new paint scheme and window protectors. Acq. 2/2013
ex Bucyrus-Erie 8302 South Milwaukee, WI
A 12 mile long non-common carrier railway from their zinc and copper
mine at Normetal, Quebec connected with the CNR.
100, GE 44-tonner, #28486 4/46. Blenheim, April 1998. Brian Switzer
Ex OSR 100, nee GWWD 100
relocated from Rodney to Kent Bridge on the CPR mainline following abandonment
of the CASO mainline which provided a connection to the former CSX (PM) mainline
acquired by Thompson at the time of its abandonment.
Still lettered for the fictitious Buckwheat & Durham RR this ancient Plymouth was built (#3835 4/36) for the tiny (1/2 mile!) Pioneer & Fayette RR in Pioneer, Ohio, where it spent its many years. In 1970 it was re-engined with a 1958 Oldsmobile 98. In December 1993 it went to Colasanti's Tropical Garden, Ruthven, Ont. Circa January 1996 it was sold to W.G.Thompson & Sons Ltd. for their grain facility at Kent Bridge. September 1, 1997 Gord Strathdee
Note: B&D 1
continued to operate having been relocated to the tiny Village of
Crivitz, WI 11/04/2008
(Use your browser Back button)
Old Time Trains © 2009 2014 2016