Facebook Page
Old Time Trains


Grimsby, Ontario Map 1914

ENLARGE then, click a second time to further enlarge.

The Village Depot

GTR station built 1902
99 Ontario Street
Grimsby, Ontario

Mile 27.4 CN Grimsby Subdivision

Track One Limited

Opened in May 1977 it used much of the station for a number of boutiques as well as additional ones (including food, ice cream etc) located inside several pieces of rolling stock all given T.O.L reporting marks! A caboose (CN 78765) and 5 CN box cars one of which had been converted into a bunk car. Each held one or two boutiques. It only lasted until December 1979 ended due in part to seasonal nature of its operation as well as its location which while close to the QEW required drivers to get off and back on to visit here there being little else anywhere around the area unless you travelled the old Hwy 8.

GTR/CNR station in use as Village Depot. CNR Grimsby Subdivision. 3/22/1980 Arnold Mooney
Former GWR station at left. Note caboose far right background.

Three piece crockery set. Arnold Mooney

Keystone Kelly's

The station carried on with a new business Keystone Kelly's Ale House and Restaurant. While all the box cars were
disposed of the caboose remained. Sadly, on New Year's Eve December 31, 1994 a fire destroyed the station.

AMTK_347 with Amtrak's Maple Leaf from Toronto bound for New York City. 8/11/1981

GWR station Built 1855
53 Ontario Street
Grimsby, Ontario

Located right next to the CNR passenger station was the original Grimsby Station built by Great Western. Although it remained in use over the many decades its freight shed style appearance belied its history and had been succeeded for
decades following construction in 1902 of a more suitable style station as was common in the hayday of railway travel.

Great Western Railway station c.1855

Long freight platform stretches for several car lengths. CN box car at elevator. 12/19/1976 Arnold Mooney

It was used for many years as a fruit storage shed and various owners Niagara & Falconbridge Fruit Dealers,
Canadian Fruit Co, then Niagara Peninsula Growers 1921-1924. Niagara Packers, 1925-1985,
then Castle Lumber and finally Cashway Lumber after which it changed to retail with no track.

Forks Road Pottery

New owners brought about a big change in 1997 relocating Forks Road Pottery here operating for 40 years!
They retired and the business was closed in July of 2018.

Major restoration undertaken in 2019. It sits still vacant. May 17, 2020 Arnold Mooney

VIA "station" sits where burned down GTR station once stood. Restored GWR station behind awaits reopening.
Note: lucyshyn contracting sign. May 17, 2020 Arnold Mooney



Back (Use your browser Back button)

Old Time Trains © 2018 2020