Brockville, Westport and North-Western
Brockville, Westport and Sault Ste. Marie was
incorporated (Ontario) March 24, 1883 to build from Brockville to
Sault Ste. Marie. Construction was finally started June 17, 1886 and
the first train ran between Westport and Brockville March 4, 1888.
The railway never got any closer to the Soo much like many railways
with grand ambitions being named "and Pacific"
Brockville, Westport and North-Western was incorporated
(Canada) October 24, 1903 to take over the BW&SSM.
1922 abandoned Lyn Junction to Brockville. Saturday, July 20, 1952 CNR mixed trains M359 and M340 made last run between Brockville, Lyn Jct, Fofar and Westport. Lyn Jct. to Westport abandoned August 30, 1952
BW&NW 66 posing at Brockville station on Church Street.
66 was a 4-4-0 built new for the company by Montreal
Locomotive Works 29907 June 1904.
BWNW 66 with typical short train crossing wooden trestle.
This is believed to be on the trestle west of Cedar
St. which passed over the west end of the GTR Manitoba Yard.
BACK (use your browser back button)
Old Time Trains © 2011