All photos: Joseph Testagrose Collection unless otherwise credited.
M&SC 12 (data see 13 below) at St.Lambert. Berner-Maguire/Joseph Testagrose Collection
Note the blue public weigh scale next to the two public telephone booths
on the platform.
Cars 13 and 14 (below) acquired 1940 transferred from Oshawa Railway,
nee Morris County Traction Co. Morristown, NJ
Famous Waterman's pen factory in the background.
Car 105 built 1912 Ottawa Car Co. 56 seats, (32 combine) 49'4" weight 29 tons. Sister car 104 is stored at the Canadian Railway Museum and Combine 107 operates on the OERHA's Halton County Radial Railway. In the background is CN 1830 a MLW RS-3. Another 100 series at the same location, different angle.
105 on Black's Bridge over the Lachine Canal. 5/21/1955 Norton Clark/Joseph Testagrose Collection
Trailer 206 with 60 seats, 55 feet long, 23 tons. Ottawa Car Co. built 1917. May 28, 1955
Car 312 crossing street. Note the small shelter just passed by the
Car 322 loading and ready to go. 52 seats, 48 feet and 27 tons. Built by Brill 1917. 6-02-56
Sister car 324 below at the South Loop.
Car 326 George Krambles/Joseph Testagrose Collection
Snow plow and flanger 300 Built by NS&T 1925 from Toronto Suburban 108 a 62-foot combine shortened to 48 feet.
Line car 305 weight 35 tons length 48 feet built by NS&T 1924. June 2, 1956. Became QRL&P in 1956.
Express car 501 (single end) 49 feet 27 tons National Steel Car 1913
Express car 502 identical to 501 (above) Montreal Terminal building
on Mc.Gill Street in background.
Caboose 509 Granby, Que. July 3, 1941 Bud Laws
Car 602, seats 60, 55 feet, one of a dozen single-ended cars built
by National Steel Car and Ottawa Car 1913-22.
Car 607 in Montreal. George Krambles/Joseph Testagrose Collection
Two boys on a bicycle watch as train led by car 609 passes hauling a milk trailer. Note another train in the background of this typical interurban scene on the Ste.Angele branch in 1955. Weight 31 tons. Ottawa Car 1922.
Car 611 (ex 606) Note the interurban style coupler. Marieville, junction point of the Ste.Angele branch.
Car 621 (acq. 1939 ex Windsor, Essex & Lake Shore 501) This 51 foot steel car seating 50 passengers and weighing 33 tons with 400 HP was built by Ottawa Car in 1930. These lightweight high speed cars were the most modern on M&SC. They were acquired in 1939 following the 1932 closure of the WE&LS in the Depression. All three sister cars went to the NS&T in 1955. Seashore Trolley Museum, Kennebunkport, ME
CNR operated passenger service over the M&SC between Central Station Montreal, Marieville, Granby and Waterloo.
CNR 1624 with passenger train Marieville, Que.5/1955 Novak/Joseph Testagrose Collection
Back (Use your browser Back button)
Old Time Trains © 2009 2013