British Columbia Hydro and Power Authority
Carrall Street Vancouver
Carrall Street yard was originally the west end of the Central Park interurban line and was the industrial area south of the BCER terminal building at Carrall and Hastings. When the Central Park line was abandoned Carrall Street yard became isolated from the rest of the railway and its only connection to the outside world was through the CPR. Here the last two Baldwin-Westinghouse steeple cab electric locomotives carried on switching industries until electric operations ended in 1981.
Early in 1946 BCE acquired four electric locomotives from the Oregon Electric Railway in Portland which had ended operations July 10, 1945. OE 21-24 became BCER 961, 960, 962 and a parts loco. They were in service June 1946.
All photos 1970 Sorrensen Collection courtesy of Andy Cassidy
BCH&PA 960 Carrall Street 1970
960 Keefer Street
960 Georgia Street viaduct
961 and 960
BCE 961 note BCE logo on cab opposite side of number.
Back (Use your browser Back button)
Old Time Trains © 2010