Alliston CPR Railway Station
Photo: Rob Hughes
|Station||Railroad||Current Location||Current Use||Date Built||Bldg Material||Condition||Notes|
|Allandale/Barrie||CNR (OSHR 1853)||In situ at 285 Bradford St. in Allandale||Currently vacant and unused, sold to the City of Barrie by CHUM in 2005||1905 GTR||Frame and brick||Fair, some restoration work completed by CHUM||RSR-019, tracks abandoned (designated 1990)|
|Alliston||CPR (CPR 1908)||Relocated to property on County Rd. 10 just north of Tottenham||Private residence||1908 CPR||Frame||Excellent, exterior fully restored||Set back from road, includes some rolling stock|
|Bradford||CNR (OSHR 1853)||In situ at 251 Holland St. East near Bridge St. and Dissette St.||GO Transit passenger station||1900 GTR||Frame||Good, in need of maintenance|
|Brechin||CPR (GBSR 1911)||In situ on Hwy. 12 at Concession Rd. 3||Wild Wing restaurant (possibly closed)||1911 CPR||Frame||Good, retains many original features||Tracks removed|
|Coldwater||CNR (MR 1879)||Relocated to property just west of original site||Private residence||1890 MR||Frame with siding||Fair, retains basic shape|
|Cookstown||CNR (HNWR 1879)||Relocated to property not far from original site||Private residence||1879 HNWR||Frame with siding||Fair, retains shape, building additions added|
|Gilford||CNR (OSHR 1853)||Relocated to Simcoe County Museum on Hwy. 26 near Midhurst||Museum display building||1890 GTR||Frame||Excellent, building fully restored|
|Orillia||CNR (TSMR 1873)||In situ at 150 Front St. South at King St.||Bus depot, tourist office and Chamber of Commerce||1917 GTR||Brick||Excellent, well maintained||RSR-203, tracks removed (designated 1993)|
|Orillia||CPR (GBSR 1911)||In situ at 215 Mississauga St. East on waterfront at Esplanade St.||Royal Canadian Legion hall||1911 CPR||Brick||Good, retains shape, several building additions||Tracks removed|
|Stayner||CNR (OSHR 1855)||Relocated to Cranberry Resort on Hwy. 26 west of Collingwood||Golf course club house (Harbour Street)||c1904 GTR||Frame||Good, exterior restored, painted pink|
|Sturgeon Bay||CNR (MR 1879)||Relocated to Coldwater Canadiana Heritage Museum, 1474 Woodrow Rd.||Museum display building||1879 MR||Frame||Excellent, building fully restored|
|Vine||CNR (HNWR 1879)||Relocated to property on 10th Line near original site||Private residence||1918 GTR||Frame with siding||Excellent, exterior restored|
|Washago||CNR (JBR 1906)||In situ just off County Rd. 169 at 3321 Quetton St.||Building remains in railway use||1906 CNoR||Frame with siding||Fair, retains shape||RSR -|
Collingwood: Original building, having been converted into the Collingwood Museum, was demolished in 1999 as a result of structural problems. The building was replaced by a new structure that replicates the original station building.
Collingwood: A railway station replica has been constructed at Bygone Days Heritage Village just west of Collingwood on County Rd. 32. This building was never used in railway service.
Creemore: A community centre which somewhat resembles the original station building has been constructed in 2005 within the community.
Medone: Building demolished in 1999 by the CPR.
Midland: Building demolished in 2001 by the CNR.
Last Updated: April 2010
Ontario Railway Stations