The Philadelphia Chapter of the
National Railway Historical Society
Established in 1936
Railfan Pictures of the Week - 08/03/2003 Part One
Demolition started almost immediately after the last train left at 8:01 PM on July 25. Barely 36 hours later, most of the southern end of the structure has been demolished.
|The roof of the new Frankford Transportation Center can be seen behind the partially dismantled station.
|This looks easy, doesn't it: Just cut along the fluorescent green line. SEPTA wishes it were so.
|The terminal building on the west side of Frankford Avenue is to be restored, but the fate of the east side building here is unknown.
|The new support structure being put into place.
|What remains of the old station can be seen in the distance.
|The new look of the Frankford El, with trackless trolley lines built-in.
|All pictures July 27 2003 c. 2003 John P Almeida
|Click here for previous Railfan Pictures Of The Week
Direct website questions or comments to phillynrhs webmaster
Website created June 12, 2002
Last Updated August 3, 2003