The trains of the Rahway Valley
Railroad crossed W. Webster Ave.
(LVB MP 0.54) in Roselle Park . The
tracks themselves in this section were owned by the
Lehigh Valley Railroad which
constructed a small spur to connect with the New
York & New Orange Railroad in 1898. The LV's track
ended just a few short rail lengths north of W. Webster
Ave. (LVB MP 0.532). Despite being owned by the LV, this
crossing was only ever utilized by RV trains (and
earlier NY&NO and NOFJ).
This roadway was not extant at the time
of the LV's construction of its short spur to the
NY&NO in 1898. It was not until 1919 that the
Borough of Roselle Park petitioned to
have a grade crossing put in place here, to facilitate
vehicular transportation between both sides of the
This crossing has not seen any train
movements since the RV's Lehigh Valley
and interchange with the former
Railroad were closed in
1988. Rails were later removed.