The Olympic Railroad
The Olympic Railroad - OLYR
- Port Townsend, WA
- Junctions with other railroads:
- BN & UP: via barge to Seattle
- Radio frequencies:
- Line built by Port Townsend Southern Railroad, which became Port Townsend Railroad.
- Line acquired by Chicago, Milwaukee, St.Paul & Pacific Railroad on May 30, 1975.
- Operated by Seattle & North Coast Railroad from March 21, 1980 to June 2, 1984
- Port Townsend terminal trackage acquired by OLYR in 1988, including ex-SNCT 52.
- The railroad was most likely never operated.
- Tracks dismantled 1996-7.
- Port Townsend Paper Co.
|Unit ||Bldr. ||Model ||B/D ||B/N ||F/N ||History ||Acq. ||Ret. ||Notes|
|52 ||EMD ||SW1 ||1940 ||1045 ||E928-7 ||ex SNCT 52; ex MILW 869; ex MILW 956; nee MILW 1619 ||1988 ||1988 ||to storage; to BDTL 98, 1998|
Reporting Marks Reference
Return to CLASS III Shortlines
Last updated: Jan. 26, 2015