Trains at Track Speed
- Erie, Pennsylvania
- A pair of CSX AC60CW's rip past the GE plant
- CSX C40-8 leading an HLGX C30-7 in dynamic
- A perfect trio of CP SD40-2's scream by the mic.
- A unique perspective from underneith as a
C30-7 and SD40-2 roar above the microphone.
Features great traction motor sounds!
- Raleigh, NC
Hodge Rd- All of these are recorded at night from the
same crossing east of Raleigh at night. This is the base
of a steep grade so it's run 8 at 40 mph in each one!
- NS D9-40CW leading 2 EMD's, great doppler effect.
- NS D9-40C #8803 provides a long horn sequence.
Note: The 8803 was belching smoke and cinders,
and it just didn't sound like a GE should. It
caught fire a couple miles past this location.
- A spine tingling horn on a NS D9-40C. If your
computer has a good sound system, the trailing
SD60 will rock the room.
- Can you believe this horn was on a Norfolk Southern
D9-40CW?? I couldn't believe NS could have such
a good sounding horn!
Glenwood Yard- The Norfolk Southern yard in town is on
a .74% grade, so when the trains come in, they use
full dynamic braking to keep under 10 mph.
- This one is for you diehard EMD fans!! Four screaming
EMD's lashed together, only 1 with Dash-2 technology;
2 NS SD40's, 1 MRL SD45, and a PRR SD40-2. You
don't get to hear this too often!