The second Carbon County RY was built by Columbia Steel Corp in 1922. The main purpose of this line was to haul coal from the mines in the Columbia and later Horse Canyon areas to the Columbia Works in Ironton. The cars were transfered to the Rio Grande at Columbia Junction for the trip north.
Operations were abandoned in 1984. The motive power and rolling stock were relocated, but every thing else stayed in place until they pulled the rails a couple of years ago.
Don Strack has added a Carbon County Railway page to his web site that is very complete.
Last Update 11/24/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.