The Deep Creek RR was incorperated in 1916 and finished in 1917. The line ran from the WP tracks at Wendover to the mining district of Gold Hill, about 40 miles SE. The motive power comprised of two locomotives, both obtained from the Rio Grande. #1, 4-6-0 and #2, 2-8-0.
The main commodity was copper and tungsten. By 1920 the copper ore started turning into arsenic ore. With luck, there was a high demand for arsenic at the time. By 1939 the RR had shut down, the rails pulled, and ROW abandoned.
Last Update 01/30/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.