SEVIER LAKE RR
The Newhouse, Copper Gulch & Sevier Lake RR was build in 1904 by the SP,LA&LS for the purpose of hauling copper and other ores from the Cactus Mine. The line ran from the mouth of Copper Gulch, over the mountain, and down to the Cactus Mill in Newhouse.
By 1909, the mine played out and the rail was pulled in 1921. For motive power, the line ran one three truck shay, SN#-911.
Last Update 01/30/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.