NEW EAST TINTIC
The New East Tintic RY was built in 1896 by J. A. Cunningham. The line ran from the OSL Mammoth Station up to the Mammoth Mine, two miles away. It ran a 21 ton shay called Little Alice up the 6% grades to the mine. The line was included in the consolidation of railroads that formed the SP,LASL. The mine played out by the 1930's and the rail was pulled in 1943.
Last Update 01/30/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.