The Summit County RR was organized in November 1871 by the Morman Church leaders. This 3' narrow gauge line was built on the old Coalville & Echo RR roadbed from Echo to Coalville with a spur up Grass Creek Canyon to the mine and town of Grass Creek. The RR delivered coal from the mines to the UPRR at Echo up until 1876 when UP bought the mines and controlling interest in the Summit County RR.
Last Update 01/30/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.