The Salt Lake & Alta RR was built in 1913 on ROW leased from the Rio Grande. It ran from Midvale east to Wasatch. Its main function was to haul granite to a stone cutting mill at the fromer Bingham Consolidated Smelter in Midvale.
The Salt Lake & Alta ran shays in their operation. By 1917, due to lack of money, the line was taken over by the Rio Grande.
Last Update 01/30/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.