The San Pete Railway was established in 1879 as a narrow gauge line to haul coal from the mines and white oolitic limestone from the quarries. At first it ran from Wales to Nephi. Later it was expanded to the Morrison mine south of Manti. The line was standard gauged in 1896 and bought by the D&RG in 1910. They ran four locomotives, two 2-6-0's and two 2-8-0's.
Last Update 01/30/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.