The Tintic Range RY, a Rio Grande subsidiary, was organized in 1891 to tap the riches in the Tintic Range. The road ran from the main line in Springville, through Southern Utah County, over Homansville Pass to the town of Eureka. The route included three tunnels and a double circle loop using a long trestle.
During the years of the name changes and mergers of the Rio Grande system, the Tintic Range RY was absorbed into it.
Last Update 01/30/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.