The Tooele Valley RR was incorperated in 1909. It ran from the UP depot in Warner, three miles west of Tooele, to the International Smelting and Refining CO works, four miles east of town. After the closing of the smelter in 1972, business was sparce. The line was bought by ACRO in 1977 and finally dismantled in 1983.
Acro donated the depot in Tooele, steam engine #11, two caboose, several cars and all the momorabilia in the station to the city. The city and county turned the depot area into a museum of railroading and mining. The Tooele County Museum is located at 35 North Broadway in Tooele.
Last Update 01/29/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.