The Utah Eastern RR was incorperated on December 1879. It was the first company to construct a line to the Park City area, completing its narrow gauge line from Coalville in 1880. Both the Summit County RY, now controlled by the UP, and the Utah Eastern RY companys reached Park City on the same day over virtually parallel lines.
The Utah Eastern had enough contracts for coal that it lasted until 1883 when UP gained control and the equipment transfered to the Utah & Northern RY. The line was pulled up in 1887.
Last Update 01/30/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.