The Utah-Idaho Central RR began as the Ogden, Logan & Idaho RR. The earlier road had taken over the street car lines of both the Odgen Rapid Transit and the Logan Rapid Transit. The Utah-Idaho Central RR completed a connection between the two by way of Brigham City in 1915. The Logan Rapid Transit had completed their line north to Preston, Idaho in 1912.
Preston, Idaho remained as the northern end of a network of electric interurban railroads that spread along the Wasatch Front from Cache Valley to Payson, Utah, at the southern end of Utah Valley. In 1917 the company became the Bamberger Electric RR.
Last Update 01/30/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2002, Utah Rails. All rights reserved.