|Nothing substantial, other than a new mail box, has been happening at the depot these last two months, however, the Depot Crew still meets on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9 till noon. Our time has been spent in meetings for the projects and fund raisers we will be having for 2017.|
|The Orchard Park Railroad Depot once again has its own mail box. On January 21st, not one of our usual winter days, OP volunteer Bob Reynders attached a new mail box to the side of the passenger station. Our mail should now be addressed to 395 South Lincoln Street, Orchard Park, NY 14127. We no longer have an Orchard Park post office box.|
|Our schedule so far this year:
• We will continue to provide a place for the Native Offerings Co-op farm market which is held at the depot on Tuesdays afternoons from 3 to 6.
• The Orchard Park Garden Club will have its annual plant sale on May 20th at the depot and they may have a flower show at the depot on • August 26th, details for that show have not been finalized yet.
• The Orchard Park Depot Crew will have its first annual "Touch a Truck" fund raiser on Sunday July 2nd.
• The Village of Orchard Park will have its annual Ice Cream Social at the depot on Friday July 28th.
• The Orchard Park Depot Crew will have its annual chicken BBQ on Sunday August 20th.
• The Village of Orchard Park is tentatively scheduled to host its second annual Octoberfest at the depot in early October.
• And the Village of Orchard Park is scheduled to hold its annual Holiday in the Park at the depot on Saturday December 2nd.
The BR&P caboose still needs roof repairs. That will be our top priority when it comes to major projects. We also will be getting an estimate on repairing the Southeast corner of the passenger station. The bricks in that area are loose and are ready to fall off of the building.
Come join us Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9 to noon at the Orchard Park Railroad Depot. Our phone number is 716-662-7002.
Web Site Hosting by TRAIN WEB
The WNYRHS, Inc. P.O. Box 416, Buffalo, NY. 14231-0416 is an independent organization and has no affiliation with any other local or national group.
The Society is a fully qualified organization under 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and all donations to the Society are tax deductible.
©Copyright 1999 - 2017 WNYRHS Inc. all rights reserved