Clearmont, mile post 660.5 on the Big Horn Sub, Clearmont started out in 1892 as a railroad town for the Burlington & Missouri Railroad. It has a history of wheat farming which is seen in landmarks such as the concrete elevator built by the Leiter Estate, and later on down the road it was used for the Best Out West Flouring Mills Company, headquartered in Sheridan. Clearmont was also the northern terminal of the Wyoming RR.
Last Update 07/22/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2001, Wyoming Rails. All rights reserved.