The Colorado Central Rail Road started out as the Colorado & Clear Creek Railroad incorporated on February 9, 1865. The name was changed to Colorado Central & Pacific Railroad on January 20, 1866, then to Colorado Central Rail Road on January 14, 1868. The Colorado Central entered Wyoming, building from Fort Collins to Hazard, WY on 19 September 1877. The line was operated by UP under lease from February 20, 1879 until it was abandonded in 1889.
The Colorado Central, along with 11 other railroad companies were merged into a company called The Union Pacific Denver and Gulf Railway, operated by the UP Railway, on 18 March 1890.
Last Update 03/10/01
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2001, Wyoming Rails. All rights reserved.