Organized October 19, 1885 in the interests of the FEMV. Constructed railroad from Nebraska state line to Douglas in 1886; to Glen Rock in 1887 and Casper in 1888. This provided a through route from central Wyoming to eastern trade centers. At this time the main commodity was coal. It was headquartered in Lusk as this was the only Post Office on the projected line.
Consolidated with FEMV Jun 4, 1891. FEMV leased to C&NW Ry. Oct 1, 1884 and merged Mar 28, 1903.
1, Annals of Wyoming, 1:1&2, 23:1.
2, Eugene Lewis
Last Update 05/01/04
This page and its underlying code, © 2000-2004, Wyoming Rails. All rights reserved.